All pets are welcome to check in any time we are open. A boarding fee will apply regardless of the check in time. On your pet’s day of departure check out time is 10am, an addition boarding fee will be applied after 10am. A boarding fee does apply to every Sunday your pet is here as we are open 10a-2p for your pick up and drop off convenience. Please remember the state of RI requires us to collect their 7% State Sales Tax on all boarding and grooming. We are not staffed with overnight care.
Our boarding is based on weight for dogs:
Dogs less than 25 pounds – $32 per day
Between 26-50 pounds – $34
Over 50 pounds – $36
Cat Condos – $25
No more than 3 dogs may be housed together in the same run / cage.
Food: We feed premium pet food included in the boarding fees, we also add a probiotic to the dog food to help reduce stress diarrhea.
You are welcome to bring your pets own diet to maintain consistence with your home environment. If you choose to bring your own, please make sure it is in sealed container with your pet’s name and their feeding instructions on the container.
Extended stay: An additional $10 per day will be added for pets that are here past their check out date without notice.
Medication: Please provide all medication your pet will need in the bottle it came to you in with all directions clearly printed on each bottle. Please know and provide the last time meds were given to your pet. Diabetics will be charged a medication administration per injection & biohazard waste fee per visit.
A charge of $3.75 per medication administration will be charged.
Medical treatment: If you would like your pet to have an appointment for a medical issue, please make an appointment. Doctor’s schedules do not allow for inpatient visits. However, if your pet becomes ill your while in our care we will have your pet looked at by a doctor at your expense.
Belongings: We do provide daily fresh bedding, bowls, quality food and leashes for your pets stay. However, if your pet has any belongings please make sure they are clearly labeled. NKAH is not responsible for any lost belongings. We do try our best to keep track of your pet’s belongings but it is best if you do not bring anything.
Special diet / Food from home: Please label all food & clearly write amount to be fed & how often. The food must be in a container. Make sure to provide enough food for the length of your pets’ stay.
Fleas: Any pet found to have fleas will be treated at the owner’s expense with Frontline Gold and Capstar.
We spray our kennels weekly and as needed to protect all our furry friends.
Who can board with us:
- We will board animals that have had all their vaccines. Animals must be at least 3 months old and have a rabies vaccine.
- We will not accept aggressive animals.
If requesting your pets to be boarded together but fed separately, an addition $3 fee will apply will be charged per feeding.
If your pet requires special care (i.e.: pee pads, frequent care, extra help walking, assistance from 2 technicians, etc.) an addition fee will be added daily depending on the level of care being provided ranging from $2 or more.
Requirements to make a reservation and for your pets stay:
- All pets must be up to date on vaccines 10 days prior to boarding.
- Dogs are required to be up to date on Distemper, Rabies & Bordatella and have a negative fecal within 6 months.
- Cats are required to be up to date on Distemper, Rabies and a negative fecal within 6 months.
- This is for your pet’s own health and the health of other hospitalized animals. Your animal will not be accepted into the hospital if they are not up to date. All vaccine appointments must be made and completed prior to boarding. We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards. All services must be paid for in full upon discharge.
- All animals with diabetes, Addison’s disease, Cushing’s disease or other chronic illnesses must come in for an exam before boarding or be an established client with one of our doctors.
- All dogs must have appropriately fitted collar. NO CHAINS.
Why board with us:
- Our spacious dog runs have new radiant heat floors indoors and out!
- We use high quality pet food in our kennel.
- Your pet is cared for by veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants.
- We use canine and feline pheromone diffusers to help keep your pet calm under stressful situations.
- We are staffed 365 days a year. We are closed 6 major holidays for pick up and drop off, please see our hours around the holidays for any exceptions for drop off and pick up.
- Our hospital is climate controlled with central air, heat and radiant heat floors.
- We have outdoor turnout for the dogs.
- Our staff monitors your pet’s habits and notifies a veterinarian when needed.
- Our staff prides themselves on your pet’s wellbeing while in our care.