To allow ample time for all patients and scheduled surgical procedures, we operate primarily by appointment. Emergency cases shall always receive top priority, which is why occasional appointment delay is inevitable. Please realize that we make a sincere attempt to see each client on time.
For the safety of all animals in our care, we require that all vaccinations be up to date. Even though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings and other pets. This is one of the reasons we ask you to allow us to restrain your pet. We recommend that animals be placed on a leash or in pet carriers before entering the waiting room.
Charges: All pets are welcome to check in any time we are open. A boarding fee will apply regardless of the check in time. On your pets day of departure check out time is 10am, an addition boarding fee we be applied after 10am. Please remember the state of RI requires us to collect their 7% State sales tax on all boarding and grooming. We are not staffed with overnight care.
Our boarding is based on weight for dogs:
- 0-25 $22.00 per day
- 26-50 $26.80
- 51 and over $29.80
- 2 pets housed in the same run/ cage will receive a 20% discount off boarding.
- 3 or more pets housed in the same run/ cage will receive 30% discount off boarding total.
- 10% discount on a bath and nail trim when request be owner.
No more than 3 dogs may be housed together in the same run / cage.
Diabetics will be charged a medication administration per injection & biohazard waste fee per visit.
Extended stay: An additional $10 per day will be added for pets that are here past their check out date without notice.
Medication: Please provide all medication your pet will need in the bottle it came to you in with all directions clearly on each bottle. Please know and provide the last time meds were given to your pet.
Belongings: We do provide fresh bedding daily, bowls, quality food and leashes for your pets stay. However, if your pet has any belongings please make sure they are clearly labeled. NKAH is not responsible for lost belongings. We do try our best to keep track of your pet’s belongings but it is best if you do not bring anything. We provide your pet with comfortable bedding, bowels, and leashes.
Special diet/ food from home: Please label all food & clearly write amount to be fed & how often. The food must be in a container. Make sure you provide enough food for the length of your pet’s stay.
Fleas: Any pet found to have fleas will be treated at owner’s expense with Frontline and capstar. We spray our kennels weekly and as needed to protect all our furry friends.
Who can board with us: We will board animals that have had all their vaccines. Animals must be at least 3 months old and have a rabies vaccine. We will not accept aggressive animals.
If requesting your pets are boarded together but fed separate an addition $3 fee will apply will be charged per feeding.
If your pet requires special care (i.e.: pee pads, frequent care, extra help walking, etc.) an addition fee will be added daily depending on the level of care provided ranging from $2 or more.
Requirements to make reservation and for your pets stay:
- All pet must be up to date on vaccines 10 days before boarding.
- We require Distemper, Rabies & Bordatella for dogs.
- For cats we require distemper, Rabies.
- This is for your pets own heath and the health of other hospitalized animals. Your animal will not be accepted into the hospital if not up to date. All vaccine appointments must be made and completed prior to boarding. All services must be paid for in full upon discharge.
- Diabetic animals and animals with Addison’s disease, Cushing’s disease and other chronic illnesses or diseases must come in for a meet and greet with our doctors before boarding with us.
All dogs must have appropriately fitted collars. NO CHAINS.
Why board with us:
* We use high quality dog food in our kennel.
* Your pet is cared for by veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants.
*We use canine and feline pheromone diffusers to help keep your pet calm under stressful situations.
*We are staffed 365 days a year. We are closed 6 major holidays for pick up and drop off.
*Our hospital is climate controlled.
* We have outdoor turnout for the dogs.
*Our staff monitors your pet’s habits and notifies a veterinarian when needed.
*Our staff prides themselves on your pet’s wellbeing while in our care.
We require full payment at the time that services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, cash and personal checks, and Care Credit.
Patient Arrival Policy
For your protection, and that of others, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms.
All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier or on a leash.